Friday, May 11, 2012

Let's talk about the quest for the best ingredients and tools.  
First, you need the Wok and other tools associated with using it.  I ordered my wok from The Wok Shop in San Francisco.  I had a smaller 12 inch wok from Bed Bath and Beyond, but Grace recommended the 14 inch wok because of the cooking surface and the ability to move the food up the sides of the wok to get the maximum benefits from the cooking surface.  I'm going to experiment with both because I'm single and cooking for one is always a challenge, but recipes are usually written for 4 at a minimum.

I received my new wok a few days ago and seasoned it according to Grace's recommendations. I also used the video from The Wok Shop as a guide.  It is beautiful!!  See the video from the Wok Shop on how I did it.



See below my Woks after seasoning.  I used the method in the video from the Wok Shop and scallions and ginger for my pungent ingredients.  The aroma during the seasonin was incredible, especially too from the peanut oil.

14 inch Wok:

12 inch Wok:


With time these will go even darker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment