Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's Wok Wednesday #1: Stir-Fry Garlic and Spinach

Stir-Fry Garlic and Spinach

Hey, Happy Wok Wednesday #1. Our first recipe in our quest for learning how to cook with a wok!! 

Our first recipe is Stir-Fry Garlic and Spinach.  My first attempt, I burned the garlic.  No real surprise there for me.  I was following the recipe exactly, but my stove is electric and 15 years old.  I know it runs hot.  I rinsed it out and started over.  I reduced the heat to medium instead of the medium-high recommended by Grace and it worked much better.

I love cooked spinach as well as spinach salads.  This was a cross between the two.  I didn't really taste any of the sugar even though I was careful to sprinkle the salt and sugar over the entire mixture instead of just dumping it in.  I would try it again with adding a little additional sugar to see if I can taste it.  It's not necessary; I'm just curious. 

Overall, I enjoyed the spinach.  It was fork tender without being too mushy or slimy. 

2 comments:

  1. loved making this as our first recipe for Wok Wednesdays!
    http://thefoodcrawl.blogspot.com/2012/05/wok-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete